The men will leave early tomorrow morning to travel from Port-au-Prince to Jeremie, and by Tuesday evening they hope to be in Les Cayes again. Current plans include food distribution and repair work on the church where they will continue working with Pastor Joseph Jeneve Delpeche, Mission Eglise Baptiste Sud d'Haiti.
Specific prayer points for the week:
1. Pray for the safety of our men as they travel. People are getting desperate out on the peninsula, and desperate people do desperate things.
Psalm 4:8: 'In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety."
2. Pray for God-ordained, Gospel opportunities that point people to the true hope of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:18: "As we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."
3. Pray for the men to be able to find the supplies that they need at a reasonable price.
Psalm 90:17: "Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yea, establish the work of our hands!"
4. Pray for the vehicle they are driving to run smoothly and clear the roads ahead of them as they go.
Psalm 40:2 "He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure."
5. Pray for Americans to continue to have a heart of generosity toward the Haitian people and not be overcome with compassion fatigue.
James 2:15-16: "If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Go in peace, be warmed and filled,' without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?"